Auto-Participation in Promotion
Auto-Participation in Promotion is a special tool for optimizing the work process that relieves merchants from manual work on regular adding products to promotions.
For automatic participation in the promotion, first, you need to enable the feature for your account and second, set up a promotion type and the size of discount for each product. In this article, you will learn:
- How to Enable the Feature?
How to Enable the Feature?
- Log in to your Merchant Panel account and go to Marketing > Promotions.
- Turn on Auto Participation in Promo. Although the feature is enabled, only products with selected promotion types and specified discount will be added in the promotions.
If you would rather not automatically participate in promotions, you can turn it off.
How to Set up One Product at a Time?
- Go to Products and select the product by clicking the product name. The Product Information page will open.
- Scroll down to Auto-Participation in Promo and click Edit.
- Select the promotion type you are interested in, and enter the size of the discount for each type of promotion.
The recommended minimum size of the discount:
|Huge Promo – 27%||Big Promo – 22%||Regular Promo – 17%|
How to Set up Products in Bulk via CSV?
- Go to Products and click Export > Export Products for Auto-Participation in Promo.
- Enter a file name and check the box, if you want to receive the file in your email address.
- Click Export. Download the file from email or from Downloads page in Merchant Panel (the cloud icon on the top panel next to your name > Downloads). The file with these 3 columns will be downloaded:
|Huge Promo||Big Promo||Regular Promo|
- Enter the size of discount in each column. Don’t add any other symbols or signs, and don’t enter fractional numbers. For example, if you want to apply 15% discount for a product, just enter 15.
|✅ Correct: 15||⭕ Incorrect: 15%||⭕ Incorrect: 0,15|
If you don’t want specific products automatically participate in promotions, enter 0.
|✅ Correct: 0||⭕ Incorrect: 0%||⭕ Incorrect: 0,00|
- Save changes and upload your CSV file (Products > Manage Products > Create/Change Products via Files > Put the file to this are or click to upload).
How to Check Products Added to a Promotion Automatically?
- Go to Marketing > Promotions and scroll down.
- Select any upcoming promotion you want to check.
- On the promotion page, you can see a list of products participating in the promotion. Products with Auto badge is the one that was added to the promotion by system. Here you can also check the type of the promotion.
How to Select Products for Promotions?
It is important to note that not all products can participate in certain promotions automatically even though the feature is enabled, and the product automatic participation is set up. Here are a few points you need to take into consideration.
- A product must meet all requirements of the promotion, such as the minimum size of discount, category etc. If the product meets the requirements of different promotions running at the same time, it can participate in all of them.
- The product must have a green checkmark Available for promo. To check it, log in to your Merchant Panel account and click Products in the left sidebar. You will see a list of products, where you can see their statuses - Available for purchase or Disabled by merchant.
- The product automatically participates in a selected type of the promotion only. For example, if a merchant enables only Huge promo for the product, the product will be automatically added to huge promotions, but it will not be automatically added to the other types of promotions - Big Promo and Regular promo. To check promotion type, go to Marketing > Promotions, select the promotion from the list and find Promo importance.
- If there is a limitation in the number of participating products, priority is given to the most popular products for the past 30 days. For example, if we need only 500 products for the promotion and a store has 2,000 popular products. In this case, the first 500 products will be selected with the biggest sales for the past 30 days. To check the required quantity of products for this promotion, go to Marketing > Promotions, select the promotion and check description at the top of the page.
- If the product was manually added to the specific promotion by a merchant, the system will not try to add this product again, and it will not try to change its discount size.
- The size of the product discount equals to the size of the discount that a merchant has set. For example, the merchant set 15% discount for the product and the promotion provides up to 30% discount. In this case, 15% discount set by the merchant will be applied. Note that if the auto participation discount size does not meet the requirements of promotion minimum discount size, the product will not be added by the system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.