All new and edited products go through Joom moderation process before being shown to Joom customers. Joom moderation validates product’s name, images, description, variations and other information. Products that don't correspond with Joom rules get rejected.
Joom moderation goes through three stages:
|Auto-moderation||Doesn't let the products with bad quality photos and duplicates appear on the platform.|
|Manual moderation||Is conducted by the Joom moderation team.|
|Categorization||Assigns a category to the product. Product categorisation is conducted manually.|
- The merchant must be activated;
- The store and the product must be enabled;
- The product must have at least one enabled variant and its inventory must be above 0;
- Images should be successfully processed on server side (this process starts right after any image link update);
- Product variants must meet the product variant requirements.
|Joom moderators are reviewing the product|
|The product has passed moderation and is now visible to customers|
|Rejected||The product was rejected by moderators and cannot be visible to customers|
Edited Product Moderation
Moderation process begins after you update the following product attributes:
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: If your product was rejected because of any of these reasons, moderation process cannot be launched again:
- Product is prohibited on Joom;
- Product violates intellectual rights or copyrights;
- Product quality is too bad (we’ve received negative feedback from customers);
Please refer to the article "My Product is Rejected, Why?" for more details.
While a product is going through the moderation process after being edited, the old version of the product will continue to be sold at Joom and will not be removed. However, if the last edited version of the new product maintains a "Rejected by Joom" status for more than a month, the old version of the product will also be removed.
Generally, product moderation process takes about 48 hours, but if there are too many products, duration period could be extended.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Merchant performance also influences the product moderation duration. Please refer to the article "Merchants Performance System" for more details.
You can check which products are going through the moderation process on the "Products" page in your Joom account - just filter the products by choosing the "Being processed by Joom" status.