Every new product and every edited product needs to go through Joom moderation process before being available to Joom customers. Joom moderation validates product’s name, images, description, variations and other data. Products, that does not correspond with Joom rules get rejected.
Joom moderation goes through three stages:
- Auto-moderation: makes sure products with bad quality photos and duplicated products are not allowed to the platform.
- Manual moderation: is conducted by Joom moderation team. Usually, it takes up to several days.
- Categorisation: the Joom moderation team also selects a category for every new product. Product categorisation is conducted manually.
To start a moderation process a new product should meet this conditions:
- The merchant should be activated.
- The store should be activated.
- The merchant should mark a product as enabled.
- The product should have at least one variant enabled by a merchant and its inventory should be above 0.
- Images should be successfully processed on server side (this process starts right after any image link update).
- Product variations meet all the requirements for products' variations. Please note, if your product does not meet requirement for product variations, it will be unable to start moderation.
There are three possible kinds of moderation status:
- “Pending Review” status means that Joom moderators review the product.
- “Approved” status means the product has passed moderation and is now visible to customers.
- “Rejected” status means the product was rejected by moderators and cannot be visible to customers.
Moderation triggers after each update of product and variant fields:
- Main image URL (
- Extra image URLs (
- Name (
- Description (
- Size (
- Color (
Repeated moderation not follows in case if a product was rejected with any of this reasons:
- Product is prohibited on Joom
- Product violates intellectual rights or copyrights
- Product quality is too bad (we’ve received negative feedback from customers)
All other attributes (such as price, weight, sensitive goods, etc.) can be referred to as "safe" attributes, and when such attributes are modified, subsequent moderation will not be triggered.
When product information has been modified:
- If the merchant edited only the safe attributes, the changes will take effect immediately.
- If the merchant edited only the dangerous attributes, the changes will take effect after the new product version has passed another moderation.
- If the merchant edited the safe and dangerous attributes at the same time, the changes to the safe attributes will not take effect immediately, and all changes will take effect after the new product version passes another moderation.
After a product for sale enters additional moderation, the old version of the product will continue to be sold at the Joom front desk and will not be removed. However, if the last edited version of the new product maintains a "rejected" status for more than a month, the old version of the product will also be removed.
Moderation (Product Review) Period
Note: Excluded from assessment of merchant performance are merchants in France, Russia, and Turkey, and they are subject to the default moderation period.
The duration of moderation depends on merchant performance. Accordingly, no fixed period applies to all merchants. So, we can't guarantee that moderation will occur during a certain time.
Joom classifies merchants based on their performance. For more information about merchant performance, please read Merchant Performance System.
The better the merchant's performance is, the faster the moderation speed is.
Order of Moderation
Products that need to be moderated depend on merchant classification of merchants; this is based on the list below:
- Green list contains products from merchants with "Perfect" performance.
- Yellow list contains products form merchants with "Good" performance.
- Red list contains products from merchants with ''Neutral" and "Bad" performance.
Accordingly, products in the green list will be reviewed first, and their moderation speed will be the fastest. By contrast, products in the red list will not be first, and their moderation speed will be the slowest. The order of moderation is determined by the system. The system works with products from all lists at the same time, but not finishes the moderation of all products in green list, and then begin to review products in yellow/red lists. It's just the number of products to be reviewed from each list and the moderation speed of them differ.
Generally, all product reviews will be completed within 48 hours, but if there are too many products, wait time could be extended to one week or more.
If you have any questions, please contact our merchant support at firstname.lastname@example.org.