What is a CSV File?
CSV is a simple file format used to store tabular data in a form of a spreadsheet. The data in columns is separated via special delimiters (comma, semicolon or tab).
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: All the dates in the CSV files are displayed according to UTC+0 time zone.
What Can You Do via CSV File?
CSV file can also be used to manage your orders. Please read the article CSV File Introduction for Orders for more details.
How to Download a CSV File?
- Go to the Products page in your Joom account;
- Click on the Export Products button located above the list of product. If you need some specific products, you filter out the products you want to manage;
- Give a name to your file, if you want to receive the file via email, please specify your email address;
- Click on Export. Your file will also appear in the My Files section, you can download it from this section as well.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE:
- If working with CSV files is not convenient for you, you can download the file in XLSX format in the Downloads section of My Files folder in your Joom account. The file can be opened via MS Excel directly.
- For file import, Joom platform accepts CSV files only. In case you are working with XLSX file, you still have to save it in CSV format with any of the following delimiters: comma, semicolon, tab.
How to Open a CSV File?
You can open CSV File via Google Sheets or via MS Excel.
|Opening CSV File via Google Sheets|
- Create a new Google Sheets file;
- Click on the File tab, click on the Open tab, click on the Upload tab;
- Select your CSV file.
This is what your file should look like in the Google Sheets:
After you finish editing the file, don't forget to save it:
- Go to the File tab;
- Choose Download;
- Click on the Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet) button.
|Opening a CSV File via MS Excel|
- Open Excel, click on the File tab;
- Click on the Open tab and choose from This PC (Windows);
- Set the file type as All Files and select the CSV file you’ve exported;
- Click on the Open tab.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: If you want to open CSV file as MS Excel in MacOS system, please follow the video below.
How to Save a CSV File via MS Excel?
|Saving a CSV File via MS Excel on Windows and MacOS|
- Click on the File tab, click on Save as;
- Select CSV UTF-8 (Comma-delimited) (.csv) as the File format;
- Give a name to your file, and click on the Save tab.
Please sign in to leave a comment.