Product attribute is a parameter and your product's feature, that we use on Joom to represent your products in their product-cards.
Customers see the product attributes in the "Details" sections of the product card on Joom website and Joom app.
Why It Is Important to Add the Attributes?
Product attribute is a highly efficient tool designed to improve users’ shopping experience and, therefore, boost your sales on Joom.
Providing attributes is important due to the following reasons:
- Customers get a better idea of the product;
- Joom segments the products according to the specified attributes in order to display the most relevant choice for the customers in the search;
- Some attributes are mandatory for European legislation (for example, "material" attribute for Clothing and Footwear categories).
Where to Find what Attributes a Product needs?
There are two ways to learn about the attributes required for a product:
- Go to the Category Requirements page in the Merchant Panel.
There you can find attribute requirements for the products belonging to different categories. Use the filters (Category Name, Category ID, Product ID or Requirements) to make your search faster and more efficient.
👉 For more information on how to navigate on this page, please refer to the article: Category-Specific Requirements.
2. Go to the product page and click on the link provided in the yellow diagnostics.
There you can find the list of the attributes for this product category.
Is It Required to Add All the Listed Attributes?
The product attributes differ based on their necessity according to the legislation and platform rules.
|Attribute Type||Meaning||What if the attribute is not provided?||How to remove the diagnostics?|
|Required||The attribute is mandatory to sell the product||The products will have a critical red diagnostics and will not be visible for the customers on Joom||Add the required attribute to remove the red diagnostics|
|Recommended||We highly recommend adding the attribute, however you can still sell the product without it||The products will have a warning yellow diagnostics, meaning it might not be sold in some countries, partially pessimized, etc.||Add the recommended attribute to remove the yellow diagnostics|
|Optional||Filling in the optional attributes will be beneficial for your product, however you can still sell the product without it||The product will be sold as usual and will not have any diagnostics||-|
👉 JOOM TIP: we have prepared some helpful guides for you, so you have better understanding of how the product should look like in some categories with more detailed attributes' examples:
How to Fill in the Attribute Values?
- Go to the Category Requirements page in the Merchant Panel;
- Choose the category you need and click on the "Download Attribute Values" button to download the file with the list of attribute values.
⚠️PLEASE NOTE: Joom only accepts the values provided in the file. All other custom attribute values will not be accepted.
How to Add the Attributes to a Product?
Joom accepts and shows the product attributes via two channels:
- Product Description (for the whole product);
- "Characteristics" field in the Merchant Panel.
👉 Please refer to our detailed guide for more information: How to Add Attributes for the Products?
👉 For more details about Joom Product Attributes, please refer to our ▶️Live Stream replay about Product Upload & Moderation.