What a “Limited Time Offer” (LTO) Is
A limited time offer (LTO) is a promotional activity that offers customers discounts on certain products for a certain period of time. Usually, the time limit is one (1) hour. This discount timeframe imparts a sense of urgency to customers and encourages impulsive buying behaviors. According to Joom's statistics, time-limited promotions can increase product sales by more than 20%.
- It is Joom that randomly chooses products for the promo, not merchants.
- There are certain requirements on products that determine whether they are selected, such as whether the product’s price has increased in the past thirty (30) days, whether the product has a rating from 3.5 or has no ratings at all.
- Merchants must apply a 5% or 10% discount; the discount range is set randomly.
- Duration of the promotion is one (1) hour.
- One product can be selected multiple times for participation in the promo.
- Joom's algorithm performs personalization and displays different products to different customers based on their gender, age, shopping habits, and behavior.
For merchants in China, Japan, and South Korea:
Certain requirements must be met to be eligible to participate. Merchants can check their eligibility status by visiting the promotions tab in the Joom account.
How to Participate in LTO
Simply tick the box "Participate in the Promotion" on the "Special Offers" page under the tab "Promotions" in the Joom account.
How to Stop Participating in the Promo
Simply untick the box "Participate in the Promotion" on the "Special Offers" page under the tab "Promotions" in the Joom account.
- If a merchant no longer meets the requirements for participation in the promo, Joom will automatically stop selecting the merchant's products for the promotion.
- It requires up to 48 hours to completely stop participation in the LTO.