As a cross-border, e-commerce platform, Joom follows the rules of all governmental institutions. Therefore, we prohibit merchants from selling banned products or products with banned substances on our platform. If Joom discovers merchants engaged in any activity prohibited by the platform, Joom will disable the product involved imediately and give relevent punishement. Merchant could be pessimized due to platform rule violation.
In addition, there are some restricted products on Joom.
List of Prohibited Products
- Products that violate third-party intellectual property rights.
- Alcohol (including medical alcohol).
- Drugs and drugs related products, prohibited seeds (for example, hemp seeds).
- Medicine. Read more about Medicine Products.
- Medical equipment.
- Tobacco, electronic cigarettes, and smoking paraphernalia.
- Weapons and cold weapons (“Weapons” refers to weapons for military use and firearms, such as bullets, cannons, grenades, as well as silencers and night vision devices. “Cold weapons” refers to dangerous knives, nunchucks, shurikens, brass knuckles, etc.).
- Animals and prohibited products for animals.
- Precious metals and gems.
- Politically sensitive products (such as products from/to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, or products with elements/patterns of those countries).
- Body parts and human remains (e.g. hair, teeth, bone ash).
- Seeds (importation to any country is prohibited; domestic sale is permitted).
- Food and drinks.
- Fishing net.
- Mercury thermometer.
In addition to above, prohibited from use in the image, name, and description of products are the following:
- Provocative content.
- Offensive content.
- Content propagating drugs.
- Content propagating violence (such as products with Nazi logo)
- Content invoking, supporting, glorifying, or otherwise propagating hatred towards others on the basis of race, nationality, religion, sex, health, or sexual orientation.
- Inappropriate sexual content (except adult toys).