Joom strictly follows the rules of different governmental institutions. Therefore, certain restrictions are placed on the products sold on the platform. Merchant who violate platform rules will be punished accordingly. For more informations please refer to the article Platform Rule Violation and Penalty.
The following are mere examples of main restricted products and does not cover all restricted products. Please contact the Joom support team for details.
- Spy equipment (such as hidden recorders, hidden cameras).
- Electronics (such as R4 flash memory card).
- Laser products. Laser product with a capacity of more than 1 mW or without capacity information are prohibited for sale on Joom.Products which doesn't meet the requirements will be rejected during moderation as "Product is prohibited for sale on Joom".
- Cutting tools. Cutting tools do not meet the the requirements will be categorized as Cold Steel, and not allowed to be sold on Joom.
- Medical products. Some products with (or claim to have) treatment or health care functions can be sold on Joom. Some medical appliances can also be sold on Joom.
- Some cosmetic products.
- Precious metals and gems (such as jewellery made from precious metals and gems, etc.).
- Adult products. Joom allows the sale of adult products, but merchant shall avoiding unnecessary nudity or indecency, including using obscene pictures to attract attention.
- Seeds (it is forbidden to export seeds to Russia and Middle East countries) and fishing nets.
Allowed for Top Stores only
Some products maybe sold from Top Stores only. The list of such products include:
- Human hair wigs;
- Flash cards;
- Memory cards;
- Glucose meters.