A product variant is a specific model (SKU) of a product, a product could include various product varients.
Nike Air Force 1 Running Shoes is a product.
Nike Air Force 1 Running Shoes in color "Brown" and size 36 is a product variant.
When Can You Create a Product Variant?
- Product has differnt sizes;
- Product has different colors;
- Product has different patterns or style;
- Product has different functionality, technical parameters etc..
Product Variant Requirements
- Product variants must belong to the same model: for example, a table and a chair cannot be set as different variants of the same product;
- Each product variant must have its own unique SKU;
- All product variants must be displayed: for example, if a product comes in three colors, and the variants are set based on the colors, it is prohibited to display only two colors;
- If one product variant has a variant main image, other variants must have it as well;
- Colors for product variants must be chosen from the list of currently accepted colors;
- Colors, sizes and images cannot be the same for several product variants.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: If your product doesn't meet the product variant requirements, it will be rejected during the moderation process.
Examples of Setting Product Variants
If a product comes in two colors (black and white), and two sizes (S and M), then this product is going to have four variants.
|Variant 1||Variant 2||Variant 3||Variant 4|
Examples of Incorrect Product Variants
Product image displays several colors, but the product itself comes only in two colors.
Using numbers or letters to mark variants instead of providing variant main images.