Customers identify you and your products by the store name. Good store names greatly affect the impression and trust of users, especially in Europe, our key market.
When naming a store, pay attention to Joom restrictions on store names.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: The platform’s team responsible for moderation has the right to close stores that violate store name rules.
Store name requirements are the following:
- Store name must be short and understandable, so the customers can easily identify the store;
- Store name should not exceed 50 characters;
- Store name must be unique on the platform;
- Store name must be provided using Latin alphabet and corresponding system of numeration;
- Store name cannot begin with a dot "." or a comma ",";
- It is prohibited to:
- mention brand names or words associated with other brands, unless you get the authorization;
- mention names of famous cross-border platforms or third-party brand names, such as Joom, Amazon, AliExpress, PayPal, eBay, Apple;
- claim the store is authorized by mentioning the following words: Authorised, authorized, авторизованный;
- claim the store is official by mentioning the following words: Official, официальный, Oficial, Offical;
- mention the following words: Store, Superstore, Shop, магазин, Shopping, Shopper, Shoper;
- mention the following words: Flagship, Brand.
Store name suggestions are the following:
- Mention a specialization of your store can help attract the attention of the target audience;
- Avoid store names that are difficult to read for the customers;
- Use capital letters at the beginning of each word, avoid using multiple capital letters in one word.
Good example of a store name
Bad example of a store name
- Bigtree Fashion Shoes
- Bimoo Fishing Tackle
- Jessup Beauty
- NooLim Kitchen
💡Joom tip: use a business name generator (for example, this one) to create a nice and appealing name for your store.
How to Name a Store?
- Go to the Stores page in your Joom account;
- Choose a store you want to edit, you can use filters to select a specific store;
3. Click on the Edit Store button;
4. Fill in the store name (Title);
5. Don't forget to click on the Save button in the bottom of the page.
👉 Once you've named your store, don't forget to upload a store avatar.
For more details about Joom Merchant Store operation, please refer to our ▶️Live Stream replay about Joom New Merchant Operation Guide.