Product names must:
- correspond to the product itself, its images, and description.
- be provided in:
- English (for merchants in China, Japan, South Korea and Turkey);
- French (for merchants in France);
- Russian (for merchants in Russia).
- contain spaces between words.
- describe the product’s features and its basic characteristics.
- be easy to read and understand.
Joom has special requirements for smartphone names. Read more.
Product names must NOT contain:
Less than five (5) characters and no more than 100 characters.
Unreadable characters, such as HTML code or non-UTF-8 symbols.
Only of lower- or uppercase letters.
Words that propagate promotions or discounts, such as "Hot," "SALE", "2018", "NEW."
- Mentions of other cross-border e-marketplaces, such as Amazon and Ali Express.
- Merchant's contact information.
Product Name in Tags
Joom's system automatically generates product names as clickable tags according to the most helpful information in the product names, description, and keywords provided by the merchant, such as product category (shoes, t-shirt, watch, etc.) and product characteristics (sport, casual, etc.). By simply clicking on the tag, customers will be able to see other products with the same tag. Joom believes that clickable product names and/or tags can improve conversion and sales for products.
This function is still being tested, it is not available for all merchants.