How to Connect with Payoneer?
Payoneer is a default payment method available on Joom.
As Joom works exclusively with companies, your payment account should be a company account (not your personal account) and belong to the legal entity registered on Joom, the one stated in your KYC profile.
How to Connect with Payoneer?
STEP 1: Add Payoneer as a payment method
- Go to Merchant Panel and click your name on the right upper corner. Choose Payment Settings;
- Click Payment Method → Add New Method;
- Choose Payoneer as a type of Payment method;
- Create a custom name;
- Click Save draft. If the Save draft button is not active, you need to fill out the KYC profile first;
- Click Connect Payoneer.
STEP 2: Link your Payoneer account
- Once you click Connect Payoneer, you’ll be redirected to the Payoneer website.
- Sign up if you don’t have a Payoneer, or log in if you already have it.
If you entered your Payoneer account and no problems occurred on Payoneer’s side, you will be redirected back to the Merchant Panel. That's where your payment information will get through the Joom verification process.
How does Joom verify a merchant's Payoneer account?
Joom makes sure that your Business license number provided in the KYC Profile matches the one we get from Payoneer.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: We don’t compare Company name or other information stated in Joom and Payoneer accounts, we check only the Business license number.
How to Tell if a Payoneer Is Linked Successfully?
If your account passed Joom verification and everything is correct, you will see the green Valid status on the Payment Method page.
Otherwise, you will see the red Invalid status and the warning message. It might happen due to the possible errors or Business License numbers not matching (please check the number in the KYC profile on Joom).
⭐ If you see the Valid status, congratulations! Your Payoneer account is linked, and you got your Payee ID!
Payee ID is a unique identifier used between Joom and Payoneer and created in the process of linking Payoneer account. Payee ID is needed, so the system can identify you as a receiver of payments from Joom. In this case, Payee ID matches your Merchant Name on Joom.
For more information on Payee ID, please refer to the article in the Payoneer Help Center.
How to Link a New Payoneer Account?
You just need to create a new payment method with the Payoneer type. The old one will immediately unlink and stop working because only one Payoneer can be linked to a merchant account.
💡 Don’t forget to choose the created method for your payment channel to receive payments on it. Please refer to the article Payment Settings to learn more about it.
Linking Payoneer FAQ
What if I face errors while linking Payoneer account?
There might be several reasons for that:
- Make sure your Payoneer account is a company account, not your personal one;
- Make sure that the company business license in Joom KYC Profile and Payoneer account match each other;
- Contact Payoneer support, if you see error messages in the Payoneer account.
What if I can't receive payments from Joom due to Payoneer account inactive status?
Please consult Payoneer.
👉 For more detail about How to Connect Payoneer payment account, please refer to our ▶️Live Stream replay about Joom New Merchant Operation Guide.
Please sign in to leave a comment.