Chinese, Japanese, and South Korean merchants: filling this attribute is required.
French, Russian, and Turkish merchants: filling this attribute is optional.
Merchants must select the "dangerous kind" for their products from the list of dangerous articles. The product attribute "dangerous kind" cannot be left empty. If the product is not considered a dangerous article, merchants will need to identify it as "notDangerous." Merchants can edit and/or add these product attributes via the product page, CSV files, and the Joom API.
Please note that the information of "dangerous kind" of a product is specified at the moment of the placement of the order, which means merchants cannot edit "dangerous kind" for placed and approved orders. Even if the merchant change the dangerous kind of a product after have received orders on it, the changes will only apply to new orders, but not the old ones. If the dangerous kind is incorrect, Hecny could return your parcel.
API Formatting Requirement
Endpoints: /product/add、/variant/add or /product/update、/variant/update
Joom's API documentation for this product attribute is linked here: https://docs.merchant.joom.com/product/product-model
CSV Formatting Requirement
List of Dangerous Articles
- Safe products (Not dangerous): The product attribute "dangerous kind" cannot be left empty. If the product is not considered a dangerous article, merchants will need to identify it as "not dangerous."
- Liquids and semi-liquids (e.g. substances that are liquefied or liquefy easily; cream-based products; products containing liquid, including contact lenses, fluorescent sticks, crayons, seals, pens, and other stationary products with liquids; shampoos, mascaras, lipsticks, makeup foundations, face masks, other cosmetic products; perfumes. Please note that while pencil eyeliner is considered a safe product, liquid eyeliner is not);
- Powders and granulated products (e.g. cosmetics such as eye shadow, dry foundation, powder);
- Compressed gases and aerosols (e.g. spray perfume, hair spray, antiperspirant spray, deodorant spray, sunscreen spray);
- Lithium cells and batteries (e.g. power banks, replacement batteries, solar batteries; dry batteries are permitted);
- Articles containing batteries (e.g. battery products, products that need to be charged, including watches, electronic toys, mobile phones, smart bracelets, tablets, notebooks, self-balancing scooters, remote controls with batteries. Please note that mechanical watches are not considered dangerous because they do not contain batteries; otherwise, they would be considered dangerous);
- Magnetized items (e.g. any product containing a magnet, such as CDs, refrigerators magnets, touchscreen pens, remote controls, Bluetooth products, including headsets, mobile phone cases equipped with magnet buckles);
- Sharp instruments (e.g. paring knives, scissors, pliers, hammers, bottle openers; objects that resemble weapons are restricted);
- Flammable solids, liquids, film(e.g. candles, soaps, paints, vanishes, nail polish, solvents, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, liquid and/or solid alcohol, dry ice, motor oil, glue, perfume, copra, magnesium powder, photographic film);
- Plants (e.g. seeds, seedlings, succulents);
- Tea leaves;
- Human and animal hair (e.g. human hair wigs, eyelashes, animal hair brushes);
- Items with high densities;
- Items resembling weapons (toy guns, toy darts, etc.);
- Adult products (erotic lingerie excluded).
To enter the product attribute "dangerous kind" correctly, please use the following variants (for CSV and ERP):
List of Products Prohibited from Shipment and Sale
- Counterfeit bank or currency notes and counterfeit postage stamps;
- Certain advertisements, tickets, and circulars (e.g. political posters, concert tickets);
- Articles infringing trademark or copyright laws;
- Radioactive materials;
- Dangerous drugs;
- Infectious substances;
- Perishable items unless sent in a hermetically sealed tin;
- Living organisms;
- Weapons and instruments of self-defense;
- Dangerous chemicals andcorrosives;
- Materials containing anesthetic, noxious, toxic, or other properties that can cause extreme irritation or discomfort in the event of leakage (e.g. dry ice, loose asbestos fibers, irritants);
- Oxidizing materials and organic peroxides;
- Explosives, e.g.:
- Articles of value – restricted on the platform, e.g.:
- paper money,
- currency notes,
- securities payable to bearer and travelers’ cheques.
To find out more about prohibited products, please read "Products Prohibited on Joom."