Product "Dangerous Kind" Attribute
In order to use the logistics services normally, merchants must select the "dangerous kind" for their products from the list of dangerous kind attributes provided by the platform. The product attribute "dangerous kind" cannot be left empty. If the product is not considered a dangerous article, merchants will need to identify it as "notDangerous." Products without this information can't be sold on Joom.
Please note that the information of "dangerous kind" of a product is specified at the moment of the placement of the order, which means merchants cannot edit "dangerous kind" for placed and approved orders. If the merchant changes the dangerous kind of a product after the orders were received, the changes will only apply to new orders, but not to the old ones. If the dangerous kind is incorrect, your parcel could be returned by the logistics provider.
How to edit/add product dangerous kind attribute
Merchants can edit and/or add this product attribute via the merchant panel product page, CSV files, and the Joom API.
|Enter the product page Click "Edit Product" Scroll down till "Dangerous kind" column, select product dangerous kind from the list Save changes|
|Find the product in the CSV file Use english to fill product dangerous kind attribute in "Dangerous Kind" column|
The endpoints will be used for adding and editing product dangerous kind attribute are: /product/add、/variant/add or /product/update、/variant/update. More details please read API documentation: Product.
List of product dangerous kind
- Safe products (Not dangerous): The product attribute "dangerous kind" cannot be left empty. If the product is not considered a dangerous article, merchants will need to identify it as "not dangerous."
- Liquids and creamy (e.g. substances that are liquefied or liquefy easily; cream-based products; products containing liquid, like liquid soap, face tonic or perfumes.);
- Semi-liquids (e.g. nonflammable cream-based products <100ml; fluorescent sticks; crayons, seals, pens, and other stationary products with small amount of liquid inside; mascaras, lipsticks, makeup foundations, face masks, other cosmetic products. Please note that while pencil eyeliner is considered a safe product, other types of eyeliner is considered as semi-liquids products);
- Powders and granulated products (e.g. cosmetics such as eye shadow, dry foundation, powder);
- Compressed gases and aerosols (e.g. spray perfume, hair spray, antiperspirant spray, deodorant spray, sunscreen spray);
- Lithium cells and batteries (e.g. power banks, replacement batteries, solar batteries, strong magnets; dry batteries are permitted);
- Articles containing batteries (e.g. battery products, products that need to be charged, including watches, electronic toys, mobile phones, smart bracelets, tablets, notebooks, self-balancing scooters, remote controls with batteries. Please note that mechanical watches are not considered dangerous because they do not contain batteries; otherwise, they would be considered dangerous);
- Magnetized items (e.g. any product containing a magnet, such as CDs, refrigerators magnets, touchscreen pens, remote controls, Bluetooth products, including headsets, mobile phone cases equipped with magnet buckles);
- Sharp instruments (e.g. paring knives, scissors, pliers, hammers, bottle openers; objects that resemble weapons are restricted);
- Flammable solids, liquids, film(e.g. candles, soaps, paints, vanishes, nail polish, solvents, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, liquid and/or solid alcohol, dry ice, motor oil, glue, perfume, copra, magnesium powder, photographic film);
- Plants (e.g. seeds, seedlings, succulents);
- Tea leaves;
- Human and animal hair (e.g. human hair wigs, eyelashes, animal hair brushes);
- Items resembling weapons (toy guns, toy darts, etc.);
- Adult products (erotic lingerie excluded);
- Items with high densities.
To enter the product attribute "dangerous kind" correctly, please use the following variants (for CSV and ERP):
Please sign in to leave a comment.