From this article you will find out the following:
- What are the Warehouses types?
- Can a Default Warehouse be Configured?
- How to Apply for an Overseas Warehouse?
- How to Create and Operate an Overseas Warehouse?
- Overseas Warehouse FAQ
What are the Warehouses types?
There are two different types of warehouses on Joom:
- Default warehouse.
- Overseas warehouse.
|Default warehouse||Overseas warehouse|
Available for all the merchants.
Available for the merchants with at least one Top Store.
There is always one default warehouse available in the Merchant Panel.
Need to apply for an overseas warehouse and create it in the Merchant Panel.
Standard shipping tier - 75 days.
Fast shipping tier - 30 days.
Is attributed to the country a merchant's company is registered in.
Can be located in any country other than the merchant’s default country (usually the customer’s country). You can have only one overseas warehouse in each country.
Supports shipping to all the countries allowed in the Settings by default. If you want to change the list of countries, please check the Allowed Countries & Regions.
Supports shipping to the list of selected destination countries.
Cannot be deleted or disabled.
Can be deleted or disabled.
Can a Default Warehouse be Configured?
No, you already have a default warehouse created for you on the Warehouses page in your Joom account. You don't need to create another one.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: A warehouse in Hong Kong is considered to be a default warehouse, therefore you don’t need to create an overseas warehouse for Hong Kong, if you want to ship orders from there.
How to Apply for an Overseas Warehouse?
If you meet all the following criteria, you can apply to have an overseas warehouse opened for you:
- You have products stocked at the overseas warehouse;
- You can guarantee fast delivery (within 30 days) from the overseas warehouse to the client;
- You have at least one Top Store;
- You are not able to ship your orders from China via Joom Logistics, for example:
- if there is no suitable channel for shipping the dangerous kind your products belong to;
- or local delivery is cheaper for your products comparing to cross-border delivery.
- You are able to provide the required documents.
If you have at least one Top Store, you will see the banner on the Warehouses page in the Merchant Panel. You can apply for an overseas warehouse, but don't forget about other requirements:
How to Create and Operate an Overseas Warehouse?
Once the feature is open for you, you will see the button Add Warehouse on the Warehouses page in the Merchant Panel.
- Open the Warehouses page in your Joom account;
- Click on the Add Warehouse button;
3. Fill out all the required information and select the destination countries for the products shipped from this warehouse;
4. Click on the Save button.
5. Provide Warehouse Agreement and Warehouse Sales Contract for the created warehouse. Please refer to the article What Documents are required for the Overseas Warehouse? to learn more details.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to ship products from the overseas warehouses without having your documents approved.
Once your warehouse documents have been approved and the warehouse status has changed to Enabled, you can start operating with it!
If you want to edit your warehouse information, open the warehouse page and click on the Edit Warehouse button. Don't forget to click on the Save button when you finish. You can disable or delete the warehouse when you don't need it any more.
Overseas Warehouse FAQ
➡️ How to set up the product inventory and offline shipping price for the overseas warehouse?
For more information on how to set the product inventory and offline shipping price please refer to the article How to Set Up Products for the Overseas Warehouse?
➡️ How do I fulfil orders from the overseas warehouse?
Since Joom Logistics delivery is not available for the overseas warehouses at the moment, you have to fulfil such orders offline.
For more information, please refer to the article How to Fulfil Orders from the Overseas Warehouse?
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Some orders might require paying the VAT. Please refer to the articles EU Market Surveillance Regulation From 16 July 2021 and EU VAT New Rules from July 2021 for more information on that matter.
➡️ How can I check product inventory for the overseas warehouse?
- Go to the Products page in the Merchant Panel;
- Use the filter Stock;
- Select the warehouse you want to check the product stock for.
➡️ Can I ship products from the overseas warehouse only?
Yes, you can. You have to set the product's inventory in the default warehouse to 0.
➡️ Can I ship only some product variants from the overseas warehouse?
Yes, you can. The inventory and the shipping price is set up for each variant separately. However, we don't recommend you choose this option. For more information please refer to the question How does a client know my product is from the overseas warehouse?
➡️ What are the specific requirements for the overseas warehouse orders?
- Most important: faster delivery (within 30 days) should be guaranteed;
- Order must be shipped from the country the overseas warehouse is located in;
- Order can be tracked to the client;
- Delivery to the client must be confirmed.
➡️ What are the faster delivery requirements?
Compared to the orders shipped from the default warehouse, orders shipped from the overseas warehouse have a shorter guaranteed delivery period. If you fail to deliver an order to the client within the guaranteed period, this order will be refunded due to non-delivery reason.
Default warehouse guaranteed delivery period
Overseas warehouse guaranteed delivery period
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE:
We inform clients that the products are shipped from the overseas warehouse and show them the actual delivery period, so clients expect a faster delivery for such products. The faster your delivery is, the more popular your products can get.
➡️ Is Joom Logistics delivery available for the overseas warehouses?
For now, you cannot ship orders from the overseas warehouse using Joom Logistics. But we have plans to support Joom Logistics for the overseas warehouses in the future.
➡️ How does a client know my product is from the overseas warehouse?
The fast delivery badge will be shown on the product page, if all its variants are located in the overseas warehouse. Otherwise, the fast delivery badge will not be shown.
The product card also includes the fast delivery badge, the country the product is shipped from, and the statement of the faster delivery in the Guarantee section.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE:
If a product has inventory in both the default and the overseas warehouses, the product will be sold from the overseas warehouse first. At the moment a client cannot select which warehouse to ship his order from. We are working on making the warehouses customizable for the clients.