If merchants want to change the shipping provider or tracking number for orders that have already been fulfilled, they can use the function "Modify Tracking."
How to Modify Tracking Information for Orders
To modify tracking information for orders, merchants can use the order page in the Joom account, a CSV file, and an ERP system. Joom's API documentation for this function is linked here: https://docs.merchant.joom.com/order/POST_order-modify-tracking.
The function to modify tracking can be used without limit. However, it is important to know that an order’s tracking information is generated based on the updated tracking number. Joom will verify the tracking information of an order that the old tracking number corresponds to only in special cases – for example, an order has one tracking number locally, but acquires a different one when it crosses internationally.
This function is applicable to orders fulfilled via both online and offline shipping. However, once a merchant uses this function for an order, the order's shipping status will change to "offline."
Rules for Modify Tracking Information
- Merchants may change shipping providers and tracking numbers for orders fulfilled via offline shipping.
- Merchants cannot change an order’s shipping method from online shipping to offline shipping.
- Merchants cannot change an order’s shipping method from offline shipping to online Where a merchant had chosen offline shipping channels for orders when fulfilling them, or had already modified the tracking information for orders fulfilled via online shipping that consequently assigned them for offline shipment, the merchant would be unable to change the shipping method to "online shipping."
- Merchants cannot change to another online shipping method where an order was fulfilled using a different one. For example, orders fulfilled primarily via Joom Logistics cannot be switched to YunExpress online shipping afterward.
Instructions (Joom Account)
1. Enter the order page of any fulfilled order.
2. Click "Modify Tracking" button on the top-left corner of the order's page.
3. Modify the order’s tracking information.
4. Click "Modify" button to save the changes.