Shipping Weight Requirements
Products without weight information cannot be made available for purchase. According to Joom's platform logistics rules, some orders must be fulfilled via online shipping, and weight information is one of its required attributes.
Product Shipping Weight Requirements
- You must specify product weight for every product variant;
- Product weight's unit of measurement is kilograms (kg);
- You must provide the exact shipping weight for the product.
|💡 The difference between the shipping weight given by the merchant and the factual shipping weight of the package should not be more than 10% or 5 g.|
Inaccurate shipping weight may lead to additional logistics costs and extension in the delivery period, and in some cases, failure of delivery. All this will have a negative impact on a merchant's store performance metrics.
- If the shipping weight you provided is less than the factual shipping weight, the client cannot pay the full cost of delivery. In such a case, the difference in the factual logistics cost will be compensated by the merchant;
- If the shipping weight you provided is greater than the factual shipping weight, your product price for clients will get higher accordingly. Thus, the product becomes more expensive and less attractive to customers.
If a product doesn't have product weight specified when a customer places an order, Joom platform will set the product weight according to the product's public version (last approved product version).
How to Specify Product Weight?
You can specify product weight while creating a new product or editing already existing one. Please refer to the articles How to Add Product? and How to Edit Products? to learn more details.
|Specifying Product Weight via Merchant Panel|
|Specifying Product Weight via CSV File|
If you don't know how to work with CSV files, please refer to the articles What is a CSV File?, How to Upload Products via CSV File? and How to Edit Products via CSV File?
Please sign in to leave a comment.