Each product has at least one product variant, as a product has an SKU and a sub-SKU that corresponds to the variant.
An empty variant refers to a product with no image, color, or size. The figure below shows an example of an empty variant.
Empty Variant Requirements
- Single-attribute products can retain empty variants;
- Multi-attribute products (products with two or more variants) must eliminate the generation of empty variants.
How is the empty variant of a multi-attribute product generated?
- When creating a product via CSV file, first upload only basic product information (such as title, label, price, etc.) without providing information about the product variants. Then add information about the multiple variants to the body of basic product information (such as color, size, or variant picture). Please refer to the article "Product Attributes" for more details;
- When editing product with multiple variant, delete the color, size and image of some product variants, but keep this information for other variants.
How can multi-attribute products avoid generating empty variants?
- If one of the product variants is used as a product's basic information (price, color, size, etc.), the rest of the variant information must be added as well, while keeping the attributes intact. For example, if the first variant of the product has color and size attributes, the attributes must be provided for the rest of the variants;
- If you want to delete some product variants, do it on the product page in your Joom account instead of deleting their variant attributes via CSV file.
|Empty Variant Example||Non-Empty Variant Example|