What is a product empty variant?
Each product has at least one product variant because each product has an SKU and a sub-SKU that correspond to the variant.
An empty variant refers to a product variant with no variant, color, or size. The figure below shows an example of an empty variant.
Empty Variant Requirements
• Single-attribute products can retain empty variants.
• Multi-attribute products (products with two or more variants) must eliminate the generation of empty variants.
How is the empty variant of a multi-attribute product generated?
1) When creating a product, the merchant first uploads only basic product information (such as title, label, price, etc.) without introducing information about the product variants. Afterward, the merchant adds information about the multiple variants to the body of basic product information (such as color, size, or variant picture).
2) When editing product with multiple variant, delete the color, size and image of some product variants, but keep these information of other variants.
How can multi-attribute products avoid generating empty variants?
1) During product creation, if the basic product information is not completely separated from the variant, and one of the product variants (also called the first variant of the product) is used as basic information of the product (with the title, label, price, color, and size, variants, etc.), the rest of the variant information must be added to it, while keeping the parameters (color / size / variant image) intact. For example, if the first variant of the product has color and size, then other variants must also have color and size.
2) If merchants want to delete some product variants, they must delete specific variants on their account’s product page instead of simply deleting their variant properties (e.g. color, size, variant image).
Multi-variant Product Empty Variant Control
Because the empty variant of a multi-variant product technically imposes additional load on the system, Joom will reject multi-variant products with empty variants for during product moderation.
Merchants must learn how to create products and add product variants correctly as soon as possible in order to preclude the possibility that their products will be removed in masses.
Merchant account empty variant example