Shipping cost system is currently available only to merchants in China.
How does the Joom Shipping Cost System categorize shipping?
The Joom Shipping Cost System divides shipping costs into two broad categories:
- Platform shipping (Joom Logistics shipping)
- Merchant shipping
What is Platform shipping?
Platform shipping refers to the Joom system, on basis of:
- Merchandise weight and
- Customer's location (delivery destination region)
automatically calculate and generate shipping costs for regions and merchandises covered by Joom Logistics, based on shipping quotes from different countries.
Which countries does Joom Logistics cover?
Please refer to the article Online Shipping Quick-Check Table for the countries and product dangerous types covered by Joom Logistics.
What is the merchant's shipping costs?
Merchant's shipping costs is the shipping price of a product merchant set for all countries. Merchant can set up one shipping cost which applies to all countries in Joom.
As Joom Logistics covered most of the regions, and it is obligatory to use Joom Logistics in many countreis, merchant will fulfill orders mostly with Joom Logistics. Merchant's shipping costs will be used only if Joom Logistics can't be used. For more information about Joom Logistics covered countries and product dangerous kind, please read Online Shipping Quick-Check Table.
Beside, Joom launched the function of set shipping costs according to destination countries. For more information, please read Shipping Price by Country.
How to set the merchant's shipping cost?
When uploading a product, the merchant can edit two price-related fields: “Product price” and “Shipping”. The "Shipping" attribute of the merchandise is the merchant's shipping cost, so the shipping fee set by the merchant for the product is the merchant's shipping cost.
How will the merchandise front-end price be displayed after the Shipping Cost System revised?
- When matched to “Platform Shipping”, the merchandise front-end price will be “Merchant-set merchandise price” + “Joom platform calculated shipping”
- When mapped to “Merchant Shipping”, the merchandise front-end price will be displayed as “Merchant-set merchandise price” + “Merchant-set shipping” as usual.
When using the platform shipping, is the shipping cost of the same merchandise in different countries the same?
No. The Joom system will calculate the shipping cost of the merchandise based on the weight of the merchandise and the region in which the customer is located, and according to the Joom Logistics quote for the destination country of delivery.
After the revision of the Shipping Cost System, how does the platform clear settlement with the merchant?
When mapped to Platform Shipping, it is equivalent to paying the shipping fee directly to the Joom platform as far as the customer is concerned, skipping the "pay shipping to the merchant" step, so the shipping paid by the customer is not accounted in the merchant’s order payment. Instead, it will be charged directly by the Joom platform.
The platform will not deduct the commission for shipping charges or deduct from the merchant's bill the shipping charges for online logistics, unless there is a large shipping difference that exceeds the acceptable range of the platform.
The order payment releasing rules for the mapped orders with platform shipping are as follows:
- The "Shipping" field in the order information is 0.
- Commission is deducted from merchandise price (excluding platform shipping)
- The merchant's order payment is the amount of the merchandise price (excluding platform shipping) after deducting the commission
Orders that do not map to the platform shipping charges are as usual:
- The commission is deducted from the total order price (including the merchant’s own shipping cost)
- The merchant's order payment is the amount after the commission is deducted from the total order price (including the merchant's own shipping cost).
What should I do online if the merchandise that matches the platform shipping cannot be sent?
If the merchandise matches the platform shipping system, but the merchant receives system errors when processing the order, and the Joom Logistics cannot be selected for the delivery of the order --- in this situation, the platform will reimburse the corresponding platform shipping fee to the merchant, and will not deduct the commission from the reimbursed platform shipping fee.
What is the acceptable weight and/or shipping differences for the platform?
There are no clear provisions for the time being, and detailed provisions will be announced later.
What to do if the merchant-set merchandise weight and the actual weight differ such that there is difference in shipping?
- If the set weight is less, and the actual shipping exceeds the estimated shipping, which means that the upfront shipping paid by the customer is not enough, the difference is the gap between the actual shipping cost deducted by the platform from merchant's order payment and the shipping paid by the customer;
- If the weight is set too high and the estimated shipping cost exceeds the actual shipping fee, the extra shipping fee will not be returned to the merchant.
Joom will make a decision based on the size of the difference, and if the difference is within the acceptable range, the excess shipping cost will not be deducted.
What impacts does it have if the set weight deviates too much, or if the merchandise price and shipping cost are not set separately?
The merchant must set the merchandise price and shipping cost separately, and must ensure that the merchandise price and shipping cost are true, otherwise the price of the merchandise using the new shipping system will be too high and the sales will be slow, or the price will be too low, leading to profit loss. An example is shown below:
- The merchant sets the merchandise price to $10, the shipping cost 0, and the total price of the merchandise is $10, but Russian customers see the total price as $10 plus Joom Logistics shipping, higher than normal, merchandise competitiveness is compromised.
- The merchant sets the merchandise price to $2 and sets the shipping cost to $8. If the commission is 15%, in general, the total price is 10 dollars, and the merchant receives a commission of 8.5 dollars. If the buyer is with Joom Logistics in Russia, the platform will charge the full shipping fee directly, and the merchant will receive only 2* (1-15%) = 1.7 USD after the commission deduction.