Store specialization is a tool to make all the products within your store consistent (similar to each other).
Selecting store specialization is optional
Why Should Your Store Be Consistent?
- Consistency of the products increases the chances that the customer will be interested in more products in your store, which eventually will increase the number of orders you receive;
- A consistent store is able to become a Top Store.
In order to make your store consistent you should choose the specialization of your store.
How to Choose the Store Specialization?
- Go to the Stores page in your Joom account;
- Choose a store you want to select a specialization for. If you have not created a store yet, please refer to the article What is a Store? to learn more details on how to do it;
3. Click on the Edit Store button;
4. Select a store specialization from the list. If you don't know what specialization to select, please refer to the segment What categories belong to which specialization? below;
5. Don't forget to click on the Save button.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: You can choose the store specialization several times for each store.
Products not matching your chosen store specialization will be blocked. The Product Diagnostics message "Product doesn't match store specialization" will appear at the top of the product page.
You should transfer products with this diagnostics to another store. Please read the article Transfer Products for more details.
Which categories belong to which specialization?
To check which categories belong to which specialization, click on the button Look Up Specializations List.
The table contains the list of specializations you can choose from based on the leaf categories. You can start typing the category name to see which store specialization it belongs to, the system will show you only suitable specializations.
Once you have found the most suitable specialization, close the table and choose it from the specialization list.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Choose the most accurate specialization as opposed to the most wide one. If you choose the wrong specialization, you will see the warning sign. In this case please select another specialization.