If there are some products in your store that you don't need anymore, you can delete them by using the Archive / Delete Products feature.
|The feature is irreversible. Archived products by no means can become active again and will no longer be displayed in the Merchant Panel.|
Why would you want to delete products?
- Your store has a limit on the product amount – 500 products (both enabled and disabled). If there are more products your store can include, Joom suggests you to revise the store and archive the unwanted products;
- If there are no outdated or unwanted products in your store, you can choose its specialization and turn it into a Top Store.
How to archive / delete products?
You can delete products or product variants via files. If you don't know how to work with files, please refer to the article What is a CSV File.
- Prepare the SKU or product ID of the products you want to archive;
- Go to the Products page;
- Click Manage Products > Archive/Delete via CSV/XLSX ;
- Click Set up a template CSV/XLSX and choose the parameters:
- productRemove to delete products;
- productRemoveVariant to delete product variants;
- Product Identifier: Product ID or Product SKU.
- Variant Identifier: Variant ID or Variant SKU (if needed).
- Format: CSV or XLSX file format.
Click Download and fill the file out:
- Specify the product or variant identifiers;
- Write yes in the Remove Product or Remove Variant field;
Indicate the reason for deleting products or leave it blank. We accept only the following values:
- legalRequirement - use it if you want to completely hide your products from customers;
- stopSelling - use it or leave the field blank if you want to show the product to Joom users as out of stock.
6. Upload the completed file to the related field.
7. Click Upload. On the Uploads page, you can find out if the products were archived / deleted successfully.
👉 For more details, please refer to our ▶️Live Stream replay about Product Upload & Moderation.