How to Start Selling on Joom?
Get your account ready
Step 1: Register to open an account
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Only legal entities are allowed to register as Joom merchants. Individual entrepreneurs will fail to pass the KYC profile and therefore cannot be accepted on the platform.
- Go to the Registration Page, fill out your email and choose the country your company is registered in, click on the Next Step button. You will receive a system message in your mailbox with a link to verify the registration email you used.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: The email address you provided cannot be changed later. As Joom will use it for critical communications, please make sure that you provided valid email and are ready to receive notifications from Joom.
- Click on the verification link to get redirected to the account settings page. Provide all the required information on this page, read the terms and policies, tick the checkboxes. Click on the Next Step button.
Step 2: Activate your account
Log into your Joom account and fill out all the necessary information on the Settings page:
Please refer to the article Set Up Your Account to learn more details.
⚠️ Don't forget to click on the Activate button.
Step 3: Learn the main Platform rules and regulations
Step 4: Verify your brand, if you are selling branded products
Get your store ready
Step 5: Open a store. You can find a detailed explanation in the article What is a Store?
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: You are allowed to open only one store with 500 products in it. To learn more about increasing the product quantity limit within the store, please refer to the article What is a Store?.
Get your products ready
Step 6: Upload products to the store and wait till they undergo the product moderation.
|☆ ADVICE FROM JOOM: As you are allowed to upload only 500 products, we suggest uploading your best products that will meet the customers’ demand. We urge you to make your store a Top Store to get the maximum benefits out of selling on Joom.|
Get your logistics ready
Step 7: Set the allowed countries and shipping price by countries.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Set the product price and the shipping price separately. The default shipping price must be indicated as above 0, otherwise you may be charged for the logistics. Don't skip this step if you don't want to be charged unexpectedly.
Get your first sales on Joom!
Step 8: Promote your products to get the first sales faster. You can participate in Promotional Activities or promote your products via Joom Ads.
Step 9: Fulfill and ship an order.
☆ What else to know?
- Joom’s Take Rate depends on the product category, for most categories it is 15%.
- There are several operations you can integrate via ERP system, just use Joom API documentation for such tasks.
- A lot of products and order-related operations can be conducted through CSV files. The article What is a CSV File? will help you learn more details on how to work with such files.
- You can evaluate how many orders you get and how well your products are being sold using the Analytics section in your Joom account.
- In China and some other countries, your products may be shown as “out of stock” on Joom website or Joom app.
- You can find answers to any of your questions in our Help Center.
👉 For more detail about Joom Merchant operation, please refer to our ▶️Live Stream replay about Joom New Merchant Operation Guide.
Please sign in to leave a comment.