Videos in the Product Card
|⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: This feature is available only for Top stores. You can add videos only to the products from Top stores.|
Now you can display your products even better by adding the videos in your product card! Customers will get a better understanding of what you offer, which will contribute to the brand loyalty and will boost your sales on Joom!
Product videos technical requirements
- Supported extensions: mov, avi, mp4, etc. (Almost all the video-file types are supported on Joom)
- Minimum size: 10 KB, maximum size: 1 GB;
- Video size ratio: 1:1, 4:3, 16:9;
- Length: not less than 3 sec;
- You can only have 1 video in each product card. The video should display the specific product, not to confuse or misinform the customers;
- Voice-over: not needed, as our customers speak different languages;
- Subtitles: optional (only in English);
- Please choose the thumbnail pictures carefully because it’s the first thing your customers will see in your video. If you didn't choose thumbnail, the first screen of your video will be shown to the customers as a thumbnail. In this case, if your video starts with white screen, the thumbnail of your product will be white.
Click here to see the example of a white thumbnail
Product videos content requirements
Once your video is uploaded on the platform, it’ll first be sent to our moderators under the On review status.
- If there are no issues, your video will get the Approved status. Only then you’ll be able to link the products.
- If your video was rejected, you would find the reasons on the video card. The rejected video cannot be fixed - remove it and upload a new one again.
Reasons for rejecting your video after moderation
|Video does not display any products sold on Joom||Video contains information about prices, delivery terms or guarantees|
|Video contains prohibited content||Video quality is too bad, we do not recommend adding it to your product|
|Video contains copyright infringement||The voiceover in the video is unintelligible to most Joom customers|
|Video mentions or includes links to third-party resources||The text in the video is unintelligible to most Joom customers|
|Video contains sensitive content|
How to upload videos for your products?
- Go to the Products tab and choose the Videos page in your Joom account;
- Click on the Upload Video button;
3. Choose a video you want to upload from your computer and name it;
4. Click on the Save button.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: The video will start uploading, please wait till loading ends and don’t close the page while it is uploading.
After you've uploaded the video, you will see its status on the top of the video page.
The video statuses are the following:
|Uploading||Your video is being uploading. You can link the products after it has been successfully uploaded and processed.|
Your video is being processed. You can link the products after it has been successfully processed.
|Uploaded||Video is uploaded and ready for publishing. Now you can link the products.|
|Error||Video was not processed correctly. Please try to upload it again.|
Once the video was successfully uploaded, you will need to link (connect) your products to the video.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: You can only link the products from Top stores.
How to link the products to the video?
- Go to the uploaded video's page;
- Click on the Link Products button;
3. Select the products form the list (you can use product filters to find the specific products). If you can't find a product using filters, it means that the product is already linked to another video.
Enter the ID's of products you want to link;
4. Click on the Add Selected button.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: each product is allowed to have only one video linked.
If you want to link a product to another video, you need to unlink it from the original video.
How to delete the video?
- Go to the Videos page in the Merchant Panel;
- Select a video you want to delete;
- Unlink all the linked products;
- Click on the Delete buttons.
How the customers will see the video?
Product video on joom.com
This is how a customer may see the video on joom.com:
This is how the video can be shown on joom.com, when a user clicks on it to open:
Product video in Joom app
This is how the video can be shown in Joom app:
This is how the video can be shown in Joom app, when a user clicks on it to open:
Please sign in to leave a comment.