Videos in the product card can demonstrate your product, its features, application, and more. Add videos highlighting your product’s standout features to help customers better understand what you offer and the benefits of buying your product. This can significantly enhance brand awareness, loyalty, and engagement, ultimately boosting your sales on Joom.
Here are examples of good product videos:
Product video content recommendations
- Showcase your product in action. Avoid adding overly polished advertising videos, as they may be less useful and helpful.
- Upload vertical videos because the majority of Joom users make purchases through the Joom application.
- Record short videos because it can be challenging to maintain the customer’s attention for an extended period. Try to highlight your product’s features within the first few seconds.
- Upload an attractive thumbnail image for your video.
Product videos technical requirements
- Supported extensions: mov, avi, mp4, etc. (Almost all the video-file types are supported on Joom)
- Minimum size: 10 KB, maximum size: 1 GB;
- Video size ratio: 1:1, 4:3, 16:9;
- Length: not less than 3 sec;
- You can only have 1 video in each product card. The video should display the specific product, not to confuse or misinform the customers;
- Voice-over: not needed, as our customers speak different languages;
- Subtitles: optional (only in English);
- Please choose the thumbnail pictures carefully because it’s the first thing your customers will see in your video. If you didn't choose thumbnail, the first screen of your video will be shown to the customers as a thumbnail. In this case, if your video starts with a white screen, the thumbnail of your product will be white.
Click here to see the example of a white thumbnail
Product videos content requirements
Once your video is uploaded on the platform, it’ll first be sent to our moderators under the On review status.
- If there are no issues, your video will get the Approved status. Only then you’ll be able to link the products.
- If your video has been rejected, you can find the reasons on the video card. The rejected video cannot be fixed, please remove it and upload a new one again.
Reasons for rejecting your video after moderation
|Video does not display any products sold on Joom
|Video contains information about prices, delivery terms or guarantees
|Video contains prohibited content
|Video quality is too bad, we do not recommend adding it to your product
|Video contains copyright infringement
|The voiceover in the video is unintelligible to most Joom customers
|Video mentions or includes links to third-party resources
|The text in the video is unintelligible to most Joom customers
|Video contains sensitive content
How to upload videos for your products?
- Go Products → Videos;
- Click Upload Video;
3. Upload a video file and thumbnail from your computer and name the video;
4. Click Save. Don't close the page until the loading ends.
After you've uploaded the video, you will see its status on the top of the video page.
The video statuses are the following:
|Your video is being uploading. You can link the products after it has been successfully uploaded and processed.
Your video is being processed. You can link the products after it has been successfully processed.
|Video is uploaded and ready for publishing. Now you can link the products.
|Video was not processed correctly. Please try to upload it again.
Once the video is uploaded, you will need to link your products to the video.
How to link the products to the video?
- Go to the uploaded video's page;
- Click Link Products;
3. Select the products from the list (you can use product filters to find the specific products). If you can't find a product using filters, it means that the product is already linked to another video.
Enter the ID's of products you want to link;
4. Click Add Selected.
Please note that each product is allowed to have only one video linked.
If you want to link a product to another video, you need to unlink it from the original video.
How to delete the video?
- Go to the Videos page in the Merchant Panel;
- Select a video you want to delete;
- Unlink all the linked products;
- Click Delete.
How will customers see the video?
Product video on joom.com
This is how a customer may see the video on joom.com:
This is how the video can be shown on joom.com, when a user clicks on it to open:
Product video in Joom app
This is how the video can be shown in Joom app:
This is how the video can be shown in Joom app, when a user clicks on it to open: