Now you can learn all the specific requirements for different categories that will help you with uploading products and speeding up the moderation-process on Joom.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be able to learn all the specifics about each category and each product (requirements and recommendations), however, these are an addition to the obligatory platform requirements for all categories.
Where to find the category-specific requirements?
All the category-specific requirements for all the different categories in the category tree are now collected on the Category Requirements page in your Joom account. Click on the arrow by the root category name to see which leaf categories belong to it or find a specific category using filters on the top of the page.
☆ There is another way to quickly find the category-specific requirements: if a category has any requirements available, you can get to them from the product's detail page by clicking at the Category ID.
How to work with the category-specific requirements?
By clicking on the category name, the page will show you the requirements and recommendations, but only if there are any available for that specific category.
What is the difference between requirements and recommendations?
- Requirements, marked required at the category page, they are obligatory for products in the category and affects the moderation process, if a product from the category lacks the any of the requirements, it won't pass the moderation.
- Recommendations, marked recommended at the category page, are optional for products in the category but if a product has them it might get more impressions so we recommend merchants to pay attention.
PLEASE NOTE: Recommendations sometimes turn into requirements but we always notify the merchants about it in advance.
What are the most common types of the category requirements and how to work with them?
PLEASE NOTE: Pay close attention to the each requirement details, some of them might have additional limitations.
- Brand requirements - if a category requires a brand authorization it means that all products in this category are allowed to be sold only under the authorized trademark.
Some categories may have the list of certain allowed brands so please pay close attention it.
- Documents - products in some categories may require certificates in order to be sold in specific countries.
- Size chart - If you sell clothes and shoes, you will see that the Size Chart is required for those categories. Do not forget to provide all the information needed for the Size Chart to become valid.
- Category-specific attributes - there are the attributes required only for the products belonging to the specific category. For example, you must provide ingredients for cosmetic products or ROM for flash cards.
More on category-specific attributes:
If you don't know how to provide category specific attributes, click on the arrow by the category name and pay attention to the Fields and Accepted Attribute Names.
Most category-specific attributes can be provided through the Product Description Field. For us to be abled to parse those attributes from the description, us any of the Accepted Attribute Name to indicate the attribute in the text, put the colon right after the name and then add the value .
Upper Material: cotton
Some category specific attributes may have certain value limitations. If you fill in the non-accepted value, the product will be blocked during the moderation.
Learn more in our Category Product Requirements article.
Category-Specific requirements FAQ
I click on the category name and nothing happens.
If a category has no requirements or recommendations it will be unclickable.
What is a yellow notifier by the category name?
We tagged the categories with the obligatory requirements with the yellow notifiers: they point out where you need to provide more information in order to go through the moderation.
PLEASE NOTE: The notifiers are shown only for categories with requirements, categories without requirements but with recommendations can still be opened, but won't have the yellow notifier next to them.