Joom takes a firm stance against violations of third-party rights. Therefore, Joom maintains a zero-tolerance attitude toward sale of counterfeits on its platform. Nonetheless, platform data indicate that many merchants continue to upload counterfeits.
Joom will systematically monitor counterfeits; and on a weekly basis, it will check the followings products of all merchants in the past week:
- Moderated products (already for sale) removed for reason of brand counterfeiting;
- Newly uploaded products (pending sale status) rejected at the product review stage for reason of brand counterfeiting.
If, within one week, a merchant has one or more products that have been removed or rejected because of brand counterfeiting, the merchant will be severely penalized. Penalty may be increased, depending on the violation.
For merchants in China, Japan, and South Korea:
We reserve the right to pessimize merchants to against merchants that violate this rule, or to ban merchant accounts either three (3), seven (7), thirty (30) days, or permanently.
- Merchants that infringe copyright for the first time will be pessimized for 7 days.
- Merchants that infringe copyright for the second time will have their accounts banned for 3 days.
- Merchants that infringe copyright for the third time will have their accounts banned for 7 days.
- Merchants that infringe copyright for the fourth time or more will have their accounts banned for 30 days. If in the account banned 30 days:
- Checked by the Joom product review team, the merchant's product is no longer suspected of counterfeits - the platform will unban the merchant's account.
- Checked by the Joom product review team, the merchant's product is still involved in copyright infringement – the merchant's account will be banned permanently.
For more information, please read the article "What Is a Copyright Infringement? "