When Joom negotiates for advertising, certain external channels require the product to have a GTIN code placed on the external platform. This is why the platform is adding the GTIN code attribute to products. By entering GTIN code information, merchants can obtain free off-site traffic.
GTIN code is a global trade item code, the range of which includes the UPC code. Soon the platform will remove the original UPC code attribute and replace it with the broader GTIN code. The original UPC information will be transferred to the GTIN code.
Example of a GTIN code
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE:
- Not every product with a GTIN code can participate in the free off-site traffic promotion. It is Joom Advertising that will select products with GTIN codes for promotion participation;
- Products with false or incorrect GTIN code are ineligible for the promotion. Therefore, it is important that the real GTIN code is entered correctly.
How to Add a GTIN Code to a Product?
There are three ways to add a GTIN code:
- via Merchant Panel;
- via CSV file;
- via Joom API.
|Adding a GTIN Code via Merchant Panel|
- Open the Products page in your Joom account;
- Choose a product you want to edit. Use product filters to find the specific products;
- Click on the Edit Product button;
4. Fill in the GTIN code. You can add the code for product and product variants:
5. Clicl on the Save button.
|Adding a GTIN Code via CSV File|
Please refer to the article How to Edit Products via CSV File? for more details.
|Adding a GTIN Code via Joom API|
Please check the related guide in the Joom API documentation.