Joom pays special attention to the customers' experience on the platform. If a merchant violates the platform rules and spoils the customer experience, Joom has the right to apply penalties to them.
One of the possible penalty methods is issuing a strike. A strike is given to a store, usually as a warning before a more serious penalty measure. The store with a strike is not blocked by Joom. The store might receive several strikes for several violations.
How Does Strike Affect a Store?
If your store receives a strike, the store:
- Is getting pessimized, in other words, is losing 50% of possible impressions;
- Cannot participate in any promotional activities during the strike’s validity period (usually up to 30 days).
If your store receives a strike, you will see the red warning message on top of the corresponding store’s page. Click the See details button to check the reason why your store received the strike.
Why Does the Store Might Receive a Strike?
The strike might be issued by the platform for the platform rules violation. Strike validity depends on the violation type, severity and number of prior violations.
For example, a strike can be issued for:
- 14 to 30 days for the first minor rule violation;
- 30 days or more for repeated or severe violation.
The possible reasons why a store might receive a strike include:
- Store issues, e.g. incorrect store name or store page setting;
- Product issues, e.g. providing false, incorrect or misleading information about the product;
- Logistic issues, e.g. empty package;
- Misleading or illegal actions on the platform, e.g. intellectual property rights infringement;
- Contact customer (excluding cases when the merchant is obliged to contact the customer to recall unsafe products, resolve claims (especially pre-trial) or in other cases provided by law);
- Other issues.
What to Do, if your Store Received a Strike?
A strike cannot be cancelled before its validity period ends, so we ask you to pay more attention to your work on the platform and do your best in order not to receive a strike.
👉 For more details about how to avoid a strike, please refer to our ▶️Live Stream replay about Platform Rules.