Children's products include children's toys, children's clothing and others. For merchants selling children's products, please observe the following product requirements, in addition, please read the general requirements for all products.
|Children and school supplies are required to have proof of product safety, i.e. Children's Product Certification (CPC). The certificate must contain the following information:
- Trade name and description;
- Manufacturer's name;
- Date and location of manufacture;
- Test date and location of the goods;
- Laboratory name and place of testing;
- List of every consumer product safety regulation that the certification of merchandise is based on
|Please attach the product inspection certificate and product instructions to the product package.
|Product material information must be indicated clearly in the product description. For example:
- Children's clothing must specify its material and fabric;
- Children's tableware and/or dining utensils must specify their materials and ingredients and must not be made of materials such as melamine, polycarbonate, and polyvinyl chloride.
|Children's products designed or primarily used for children under the age of 12 must have distinctive permanent markers (often referred to as "traceable labels"). Requirements for traceable labels are the following:
- They are attached to the product and its packaging.
- The tag or label must contain some basic information, including:
- Name of the manufacturer or private labeler;
- Date and place of manufacture of the product;
- Detailed information about the manufacturing process, such as lot number, run number, or other identifying features;
- Any other information to determine the specific source of the product.
If a product is intended for children over 3 years of age and contains small parts, a warning label (see below) is required.
If the small part comes from a toy or product for children under 3 years of age, the toy or product is a prohibited because the small part poses a choking hazard.
|In addition to the above requirements, requirements for children’s clothing are consistent with requirements for clothing for men and women as well.