Promotions page is located in the Marketing section in your Joom account. Taking part in promotional activities can help boost your sales significantly!
In this article, you will learn about:
- What Are the Main Promotion Types?
- How to Participate in the Platform Promotions?
- How to Add your Products to the Platform Promotions?
- How to Evaluate the Performance?
What Are the Main Promotion Types?
There are two types of promotions on Joom:
- Platform promotions - the promotions created by Joom. You can upload your products according to the requirements and deadlines and set the discount range.
- Merchant promotions - the custom promotions created by merchants, including:
- Top Store Promotions;
- Merchant Discounts.
👉 With Merchant promotions, you can get additional traffic for your products. Also, you can set the promotion’s timeframe and the discount range. For more information, please refer to the article: Merchant Promotions.
The products participating in the promotions are combined in the groups that get displayed on Joom website main page and Joom app Promotions tab.
You can see whether the promotion is created by the platform or the merchant in the Type column on the Promotions page in the Merchant Panel.
If a customer buys a product participating in the promo, you will find the discount amount details on the order page.
👉 For more information on how different promotion discounts sum up, please refer to the article Promotional Activities.
How to Participate in the Platform Promotion?
- Go to the Marketing tab in the Merchant Panel;
- Open the Promotions page;
3. Scroll down to the list of the promotional activities under the graphics. The available promotions you can participate in are labelled as Upcoming. Select a promotional activity you want to participate in.
Click here to know more about the promotion statuses
Promotions status and explanations
Access to the promotion is open. Merchants can:
Access to the promotion is closed, merchants can't edit the promotion anymore. Joom will:
The promotion is taking place.
The promotion has ended.
4. Check the requirements. If products don't meet the requirements, they will be filtered out from the promotion. Merchants caught in the rule violating behavior will be punished accordingly.
💡 Add products with trusted or competing tiers, other product tiers are not allowed to participate in promotions.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Access to the promotion will be closed after the deadline. You can't edit your application, promotional products or revoke from participating. You can't withdraw a product from a promotion once the promotion enters the Preparing stage. If there are any critical problems with a promotional product, please disable the product, but in this case, it is not allowed to add this product to the same promotion again.
|Some platform promotions have a special requirement of postponing any product changes. For more information on the "Change Postponed" status, please refer to the article What is the "Change Postponed" status?|
5. Add your products to the promotion and set the discount. Please refer to the section How to add your products to the promotions? to learn more details.
6. Confirm to participate. Click the Participate button in the upper-right corner before leaving the promo page. Otherwise, your edits will not be saved.
How to Add your Products to the Platform Promotions?
On the promotion page you selected, click the Add Products button.
You can upload promotional products by ticking the product box or upload products in bulk by pasting comma, space or break separating product IDs. You will have to set the discount for selected products afterwards.
Don't forget to click the Add Selected button.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: Joom reserves the right to remove products from the promotion if they do not meet the requirements.
Once the platform promotion has entered the Preparing stage, and none of the added products can participate in it, you will not be able to see this promotional activity in the Merchant Panel.
If some added products cannot participate in the promotion, you will see the Not Participating Products section on the promotional activity page. Click the Show Details button to check what products had been withdrawn from the promo.
How to Evaluate the Performance?
You can see some graphics on the Promotions page. They reflect efficiency of the promotional campaigns you participate in. You can change the timeframe of the graphics to evaluate specific periods.
There is a list of Promotional activities below the graphics, where you can analyze metrics to evaluate the performance of each activity. If you want to see more metrics, click the last button on the metrics list () and choose specific metrics on the drop-down list. If you don't know what a metric means, hover the mouse cursor over the metric, and you will see a tooltip explaining the metric's meaning.
👉 For more information about Promotions, please refer to our ▶️Live Stream replay about Joom Promotional Activities.
Please sign in to leave a comment.