With this Business Update we would like to reassure you that despite the current political situation between Russia and Ukraine our clients remain our key priority for us and we continue our business operations as usual! 🈺
Joom operations are stable
Joom is registered in Latvia with our headquarters and main operational center located in Riga. 🏙️ We also have different legal entities in different countries all around the world. Therefore, all the sanctions against some Russian banks and their disconnection of SWIFT, Visa and Mastercard will not cause any impact to our company operations and the fulfillment of our obligations to you.
Supporting and helping our merchants will always remain our main priority. We assure you that we are fully ready to continue providing you with the full scale of our services and support.🤝
Please note that the situation affected the delivery of the orders from Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus🚚
The following recommendations are applied only to the orders from the mentioned countries.
- Already approved orders should be fulfilled and shipped as usual. Hecny warehouse is operating as usual and is ready to receive your parcels.
- However, shipping might take longer, that is why we extended the NDC period up to 105 days. It will not affect your store’s performance, as long as you fulfill the orders in 3 days.
- You will receive newly created orders with a slight delay: usually it takes approximately 8 hours for the orders to be seen in the Merchant Panel, this time it will take longer. Don’t worry, you will see them in the Merchant Panel sooner or later, just be patient.
- Starting from March 16th, 21.00 (Beijing time), users from Ukraine are no longer able to place orders on Joom, it means that now you will not receive any new orders from Ukraine. But don’t worry, this measure is temporary and we will get back to shipping orders to Ukraine as soon as the situation allows.
As for the shipped orders: we expect that the parcels that have already reached Ukraine will eventually be delivered. We will get back to you with more information on the parcels that are still in transit to Ukraine, but not being delivered yet.
- Please note that these orders should be fulfilled and shipped on time as usual. Your performance will not be affected, if you ship them on time.
⚠️Please do not set Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus as disallowed shipping countries. We are closely monitoring the course of events in Ukraine and are ready to take appropriate measures on our side, if necessary.
If you have any questions and doubts feel free to contact us via email email@example.com or via merchant panel support chat window.
1) Which payment method do Russian users mostly choose on Joom? When it comes to online payment, will it affect Joom users due to the current ban on certain Russian banks and some payment methods (eg. Google pay, Apple pay)?
At this moment, direct debit payment is the main payment method for our Russian users. The suspension of Visa and Mastercard do not affect our Russian users as well. Sanctioned Russian banks are not the main banks for our users and the usage of Apple Pay and Google Pay on Joom are extremely low as well. Therefore, the world’s political events do not cause any significant impact on Joom business, and we are ready to continue providing our service to our merchants and users all over the world.
2) Due to the fluctuation of Ruble currency rate, would it affect the product price and cause the drop of the amount of orders?
We control the situation with currency fluctuation and exchange rate. We will monitor the currency rate and recalculate the product prices on Joom once a day to control the fluctuation of the product price. Once the currency rate becomes more stable, we believe that the amount of orders will increase accordingly.
3) Do I need to block Ukraine and other countries?
No, please do not set Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus as disallowed shipping countries.
4) Does the Joom team work as usual?
Yes, the Joom team is fully operating and ready to continue providing you with the full scale of our services and support.
5) Does the Joom support team work as usual?
Yes, the Joom merchant and client support team are both working as usual to provide you all the assistance you need for your operation on Joom.
6) Will I receive my payment from Joom?
Yes, the current situation has no impact to our company operations and the fulfillment of our obligations to you.