Joom wants to help your best products maintain a high and stable level of sales. That's why we've created the Focus Products feature.
Focus Products are the most popular items bought by Joom users and promising products which we consider to become future bestsellers. These products get the most impressions.
What benefits do Focus Products have?
High and stable level of sales
⚠️ Please note: Since it's a new feature, there will be even more benefits in the future. For example, sales will be more dependent on it.
How does it work?
Focus Product Issues
In order for your product to keep the Focus status, you should monitor its performance and resolve all the issues that affect the Focus Product status such as:
- Active Status Issues - appears if some of your Focus products are not available for purchase. Possible reasons: the product is disabled by the seller, blocked by Joom, or out of stock in the merchant's main warehouse.
- Overpricing Issues - Joom automatically compares the merchant's Focus Products prices with prices on other platforms. If the merchant's price is 10% higher than the market price, the product is considered uncompetitive. Price comparison takes time and may not be available for all products at a given time.
- Tier Issues - Focus Products must have a Trusted or Competing tier. This issue appears if some of your Focus Products have Unverified tier.
If Focus Product has issues that haven't been resolved for a few weeks, it may lose its Focus status. The decision is made on its performance by the Joom managers responsible for the category of each product. When product loses its Focus status, it disappears from the Focus Products list. For now, the list of products that have lost their Focus status is not available.
⚠️ Please note:
- These issues are only relevant for Focus Products. For ordinary products, Active Status, Overpricing, and Tier requirements are not critical;
- Usually, it takes several weeks before the product finally loses Focus status. However, you cannot see when exactly it will lose it, so make sure to resolve all the issues as soon as possible.
How to use it?
- Go to the Products page;
- Click the Focus Products tab to see all of your products included in the list;
- At the top of the page, you can find general information and Issues which helps you to maintain Focus status:
- Products with Issues - number of Focus Products with at least one issue to be fixed. To find products with this issue, use the "Has Active Version" filter.
- Active Status Issues - number of Focus Products that are not available for purchase.
- Overpricing Issues - number of overpriced Focus Products.
- Tier Issues - number of Focus Products that have have Unverified tier. To find products with this issue, use the "Tier" filter.
- Focus Products GMV - share of Focus Products in GMV in the last 30 days.
4. To check how many issues each product has, check out the Issues column. If it has one or more issues, you will see the warning icon. Click on it for more details.
5. There are also columns that help you compare and evaluate your prices:
Price - The standard price of a product/variant set by the merchant.
Price with Discount - Price of a discounted product that was available in a promotion with a discount for at least 10 days in the last 30 days. For example, if a product usually costs $10, but at least 10 days during the month it was on sale at a merchant price of $8, then $8 will be taken as the discounted price.
⚠️ Please note: Calculation is always based on the last 30 days, so new product discounts
can't instantly affect the Price with Discount metric.
Market Price - Average competitors prices for the same products across other platforms.
Overpriced by - The price difference compared to the market prices (logistics costs are not included). If overprice is ≥10%, the overpriced product variant is considered uncompetitive.
When there are issues with them, you'll see a warning icon with detailed information on it;