PLEASE NOTE: The experiment is available for some merchants only. In order to be able to participate, you should have a Top store and contact your Key Account Manager.
Gift with the Purchase is an experimental feature to test how big the sales difference between “normal products” vs “products with a GWP info in the main product image” is.
How does GWP feature work?
The main idea is that clients receive a gift from a merchant when buying products participating in the GWP experiment. Before introducing the feature to all merchants, we want to test out how sales differ with this promo. You are invited to participate in the test!
If you agree to participate, you are asked to add an alternative product image with GWP info to the product you want to be included in the experiment. You should upload an alternative image (image with information about the promotion) to a specially created product variant using the template provided below - so the customer can clearly see what gift he is going to receive with the purchase.
We are going to show the product with the alternative image to some Joom users to compare the sales of the products with and without the gift being shown in the image.
The main requirements are the following:
- You should be ready to add a product variant to the participating product;
- You should upload the alternative image to a new variant;
- Once the product variant is set, it should be disabled right away, the rest will be done by Joom team;
⚠️Please note: you can upload and disable the variant manually in the Merchant Panel or via ERP/CSV file.
- The gift must be provided for all orders of the participating product regardless of the variant purchased;
- The gift and the experiment duration should be discussed with your Key Account Manager.
How to participate in the GWP testing?
I. Prepare your alternative product image (image with information about gift)
- Select the products you want to participate in the testing and prepare the corresponding gifts. If you need any help on this step, please consult with your Key Account Manager;
- Download the image template below and edit it according to the gift you prepared. Please use this exact image template. If you fail downloading it, please contact your Key Account Manager;
Please click here or the image below to download the template.
⚠️Please note: the template provided is with a half-transparent frame, please place your original product image within the frame and make it the frame of your whole product image.
|Good example of alternative product image:||Wrong examples of alternative product image:||Wrong examples of alternative product image:|
Please make sure not to scale up the GWP template. The original image should fit inside the template.
The gift box is too big as the template is scaled up.
The template is scaled down too much, it’s too small to be shown to the users and the template frame is visible.
II. Prepare your product
Add new product variant to the participating product
- Open the product’s page in the Merchant Panel and click on the “Edit product” button
- Scroll down and click “+ Add Variant’
- Upload the product image you prepared for the new variant;
- Fill in your product variant SKU according to the following formula: ordinary product SKU-gwp;
For example: 143648-gwp
- Fill in color and size fields as such:
As for Color：
If you have not filled in the color fields for other variants - please leave it blank.
If you have filled in the color fields for other variants - please specify "as the picture".
As for Size:
If you have not filled in the size fields for other variants - please leave it blank.
If you have filled in the size fields for other variants - please specify one of the sizes which you specified previously.
⚠️Please note: If the product initially had only one variant (without color and size), you will need to create a new variant without color or size, the system will find out that the pictures are different
- Don’t forget to click on the Save button.
⚠️PLEASE NOTE: Once the product variant is created, you need to disable it right away. This way we will be able to show the alternative image in the GWP testing to certain customers, and not for all of them at once.
You can create and disable the variant via ERP/CSV too. It works just the same as setting it manually in the Merchant Panel.