In case you are selling products in Hunting category, you should know the basics of selling these items on Joom. This article includes product requirements and our recommendations on the product content. Good product content will help you increase customer interest and sales of your products.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: the requirements described in this article only apply to the products of Hunting category.
Good product content includes:
The perfect set of product images consists of:
- Main image – a preview image with visually understandable key information about the product on a white background;
- Additional images – carousel images with detailed information about the product, such as:
- “How to use” guide (if applicable);
- Packaging of a product set (if applicable);
- Images of a product from different angles (usage example, zoomed, size specification).
The main image should be of a good quality and include the following:
- Brand name in the upper-left corner (if any);
- Image of the product;
- Product variants image (if any);
- Product name in English.
✅ Examples of good main images:
Good main images depict the product and its usage, contain additional illustrations and information on the product variants.
❌ Examples of bad main images:
A main image should not cast doubt on what the product is or depict any other products that do not belong to the category.
The additional images should be of a good quality and include the following:
- Images of a product from different angles
- Product variants (if any)
- Product features
- “How to use” guide
- Image of a product set that the customer will receive
Tags are the keywords assigned to your product. Relevant search tags will help customers to find your product quickly. Good search tags should include:
- Brand name (if any);
- Product type;
- Hunting type;
- Product category (Hunting), subcategory;
- Fishing season (if applicable);
- Colors (if applicable, for example, military/camouflage).
Attributes are the product's key characteristics. By specifying the attributes, you let the customer get additional information on the product you are selling.
For now, there are no required attributes for the Hunting category. However, we highly recommend adding the following attributes to your products so that the customers will find them faster:
- Length, height, weight and other size metrics (one by one in cm);
- Product type;
- Suitable for;
- Product features (for example, night vision);
- hstSeason (if applicable);
- Minimum Focusing Distance (in m);
- Field of view (as 1000m).
👉 For the detailed information on the required attributes for different categories illustrated with the examples, please refer to the Category Requirements page of Merchant Panel.
The product name should be well-written, and provide a clear description of the product without unnecessary information and repetitive words.
Good product name includes:
- Brand name (if any);
- Model / size / suitable equipment;
- Material (if needed);
- Product type.
✅ Examples of good names:
❌ Examples of bad names:
Provide the main product features, including:
- Material – what exactly does the product consist of. Please avoid using such words as “strong” here;
- Information about the size. Please provide the exact size of the product, avoid using such words as “over”, “about”, “approximate”, etc.;
- Purpose - hunting type, using season;
- Target species of the product;
- Precautions for use;
- Usage options.
The product description should be well-written. It should describe the specific benefits of the product and do not contain the useless information that is not confirmed by facts, including phrases like “100% brand new and high quality”, “nice”, “affordable”, “fashionable”, “beautiful”, etc.
Please divide the product description into paragraphs for the customers' convenience. The product description should be long enough for a customer to understand its quality.
✅ Example of a good product description:
❌ Example of a bad product description: