Platform Arrangements during Chinese New Year 2023
Chinese New Year is just around the corner! The holidays may bring significant changes to your work schedule, so Joom introduces relevant adjustments to the platform’s rules for this period. Also, we collected the useful tips that can help you to optimize your work, avoid high overload and order cancelation during this period:
When to Fulfill Orders?
The orders created from January 13th 00:00 (UTC) to January 30th will be counted as "Approved" at 23:59 on January 30th (UTC).
The orders created in the period from January, 13th to January, 30th will be excluded from the Quick Fulfillment Rate metric. Store’s performance will start calculating as usual starting from January, 30th 23:59 (UTC).
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE:
- On the January 23rd, the fulfillment time for some orders created on January 11-12 was extended as well - they were counted as "Approved" at 23:59 on January 30th (UTC).
- On the February 7th, we extended the fulfillment time for some orders created from January 11th to February 2nd - they were counted as “Approved” on February 3rd. This way you had 8 days to fulfill them starting from February 3rd.
- On the February 10th, we extended the fulfillment time for some orders created from January 11th to February 3rd - they were counted as “Approved” on February 4th.
- For the orders created from February 4th to February 5th you had 3 more days to fulfill them (12 days in total).
- The relaxed fulfillment period for the Chinese New Year holidays is over, and you have to fulfill orders created after February, 6th within the usual 8 days.
- Starting from March, 4th, the Quick Fulfillment Rate metric will be enabled again. Your store’s performance will start calculating as usual.
👉 The above time points are based on UTC, Beijing time needs an extra +8 hours.
💡 JOOM TIP: Try to fulfill and ship the orders as soon as possible to avoid too many orders being delivered to the warehouses on the last day. Also, keep in mind that a lot of merchants go on vacation and stop selling during the holidays, so it is a nice chance to stand out on the platform!
Hecny warehouses work schedule
- Mainland China: January 22-23 not working, January 24 resume receiving parcels, January 25 fully resume operation.
- Hong Kong: January 22-24 not working, January 25 fully resume receiving parcels and operation.
What Are the Risks?
Despite the fulfillment period extension, please ensure to disable stores if you don't plan to work during the holidays. Otherwise, right after the holidays, you will have to fulfill a huge number of orders and may face the following risks:
1. High overload. If you don't handle the high number of orders, the canceled orders will be included in the cancelation rate metric.
2. Insufficient supplies. Suppliers may be overloaded, and may not ship products you need on time, especially in big amounts.
3. Logistic problems. Third-party logistics providers may be overloaded, and not be able to ship your orders on time. Joom Logistics will also have plenty of orders from many merchants and may deliver the orders within a longer time. For some customers, the delivery time will increase by 20 days, and they might be upset about that. In such cases, users are less likely to keep purchasing on the platform or a store.
How to Get Prepared?
1. Learn your partners' work schedule. If your work schedules don't match, make sure to stock the best-selling products in advance to be able to continue selling them on the platform during and after holidays.
2. Make sure that you have enough products in stock to fulfill all the orders. Focus on selling the products you have in stock - ensure to disable the products that cannot be surely shipped or are out of stock in the warehouse.
3. Carefully monitor your orders on the order page in the Merchant Panel. The “Hours to Fulfill” line shows the number of hours for each order to get the “Fulfilled” status.
What if I Do Not Work on Holidays?
If your company is not working during the holidays, and you want to make sure you don’t receive any orders you are not ready to ship for this period, you can disable the store in the Merchant Panel.
In order to temporarily disable the store and the products in it at once, just use the toggle by the store name on the Stores page in the Merchant Panel.
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: The store will not become enabled automatically. Please don’t forget to use the toggle one more time when the holidays are over.
💡 JOOM TIP: We are aware that Chinese New Year sometimes may be a stressful time for your company, so please don’t hesitate to contact the Merchant Support Team if you face any fulfillment issues. You can contact the Merchant Support Team via email email@example.com or chat window in the Merchant Panel.
Please sign in to leave a comment.